We are seeking editors with a keen eye for detail and outstanding English skills to quickly edit academic research articles submitted to our over 300 journals written by scholars from all over the world. Successful applicants will join our network of remote freelance English Editors and work with a dynamic and fast-paced editing department.
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Based in Basel, Switzerland, MDPI has the mission to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. Our 319 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals are supported by more than 84,200 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is freely available and all content is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY).
Editors are expected to accurately edit scholarly articles, working with short deadlines with a high degree of consistency. You will be familiar with Microsoft Word and be able to work remotely. Knowledge of LaTeX is an advantage. All editors undergo a probation period under the supervision of a trainer.
Your Experience and Skills
All applicants must have the following:
- Advanced knowledge of English.
- Experience in editing and writing.
- Access to Microsoft Word and antivirus software.
- Able to meet short deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to work remotely as part of an international team.
- A strong interest in working with research material.
The following are a benefit:
- Previous experience editing scholarly content.
- Knowledge of LaTeX.
- Familiarity with academic publishing
What We Offer
- Training in editing scholarly content and use of the MDPI style.
- The opportunity to develop your editing skills working with a leading academic publishing house