MDPI are looking for a Social Media
Specialist to join the Manchester, UK office. This role would suit a recent graduate who is
looking to take the next step in their career within an international marketing
and communications team. This is a permanent role that can be partially
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Responsible for the implementation of the paid social media strategy for a
portfolio of key brands (journals).
• Provide expert knowledge, support and ongoing training to your portfolio.
• Deliver monthly reports and analysis of paid campaign performance to your
• Build and maintain strong relationships with your portfolio and across the
• Academic degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or
• Minimum 1+ years’ experience of coordinating social media or digital
marketing activities for business.
• Good all-round knowledge of key social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube. Weibo and WeChat a plus.
•Good knowledge of Facebook Ads Manager and Google Analytics.
• Knowledge of other social media and digital marketing tools such as Twitter
and LinkedIn Ad Managers, Hootsuite, falcon.io, SEMRush and Google Ads would be
• Good understanding of brand, communication, and digital marketing principles.
• Excellent English language skills (written and spoken), other language skills
• Good organisational, analytical and prioritization abilities.
• Interest in science and science communications.
What We Offer:
At MDPI, you will be joining an international team, working for the largest open-access publisher in the world. Among the benefits of working for MDPI, you can expect:
- A comprehensive onboarding program.
- A competitive salary.
- Flexible start time between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m.
- One moving day per year.
- Monthly socials, including office drinks and pizza, five-a-side football, and seasonal parties.
- Hybrid working.