With the rapid company growth and development of our HR Department, we are looking for an enthusiastic Compensation & Benefits Manager to join our team in Manchester. In this position, you will design and implement various compensation and benefits programs in coordination with the Global HR Manager and the European Management Team. You will be the key contact person for all topics related to C&B activities and processes and coordinate the annual compensation processes regarding salary increases and bonus payments. You will create and implement original and competitive programs to attract new talents and support employees’ retention.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that C&B policies and programs remain attractive and competitive based on market benchmark (e.g. incentive schemes, reward & recognition, benefits programs, employees’ wellness)
- Designing as well as implementing new C&B programs in our European offices (CH, ES, UK, PL, RO, RS)
- Conducting job gradings and pay equity analysis for multiple European countries to obtain the market references and provide recommendations
- Providing advice to Global HR Manager and the Management team regarding all C&B related topics
- Overseeing budget for new positions and providing recommendations on appropriate benchmark and bands to be used per country
- Coordinating the annual compensation processes with regard to salary increases and bonus payments
- Preparing budgets, reports, and presentations
- Possibility to shape the HR team in our headquarters and build a team
- University degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or Finance
- 5+ years’ experience of relevant experience in Payroll or in C&B in a global organization
- Excellent communications skills in English, both written and oral, German will be a plus
- Strong knowledge of C&B programs, benchmarking, policies, procedures, and applicable legislation
- Experience in designing and managing C&B processes and implementing long-term incentive plans
- Experience and good understanding of Payroll and social security law (preferably CH)
- Excellent analytical thinking, high attention to detail
- Pro-active, able to prioritize and deliver in tight deadlines
- Excellent project management knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills with ability to work cross-functionally across the entire organization
- Advanced user of Excel and PowerPoint
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 350 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Europe and Asia. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your cover letter and CV. We look forward to welcoming you to our Manchester office.