A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 360 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
To assist with MDPI’s mission for global outreach and expanding visibility of our scientific journals, we are looking for an Indexing Associate to join our Indexing team within the Post-Publication Department.
You will join a fast-paced team in an international environment. The position of Indexing Associate is a full-time and permanent position based in office in Basel, Switzerland.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Diverse project management on a weekly basis (ranging from small to long-term projects)
- Expansion and maintenance of the company’s existing indexing partnerships, including:
- regular reviews of data
- compiling relation reports
- preparing material for evaluations
- external communication with partners
- Handle the running and daily maintenance of Publons, including:
- creation and management of project improvements within the platform
- outreach to Editors and various departments
- Proven strong organizational and time-management skills
- Competency in independent project management, while being a collaborative team player
- Experience preparing and delivering clear and constructive reports
- Confidence in creative problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written command of the English language
- English as mother-tongue is beneficial, though not required
- Familiarity with the general overview of publication processes (beneficial, though not required)
- knowledge of indexing databases and/or Publons (beneficial, though not required)
Reports to: Head of Post-Publication Department
Start Date: 1 September 2022 (can be earlier)
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your cover letter and CV. We look forward to welcoming you to our Basel office.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms: