A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 200 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Europe and Asia. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. It's been three amazing years since we have opened our office in Manchester and we are so proud to be part of this great city. This summer 2022, we moved to a brand new office location, in the heart of Manchester!
We need an Office Assistant to provide general administrative support to the Office Manager for organization and administration of office meetings, projects, and day-to-day tasks.
- Organizing the office and assisting associates to optimize processes. For example, working collaboratively with office functional staff
- Perform receptionist duties when needed, e.g. answering the office phone as needed
- Schedule and plan meetings and appointments
- Note-taking during meetings as needed
- Assisting with event administration
- Sending internal announcements and communications
- Weekly grocery shopping for office supplies
- Keep stock of small office supplies
- Maintain and monitor office supplies such as paper, pens, printer ink, onboarding gifts, probationary gifts etc.
- Photocopying, scanning, and filing appropriate documents
- Maintaining the office calendar; social events calendar
- Assist with organizing, booking, and purchasing for social events
- Assist with ad-hoc tasks
- Assist in printing materials for conferences etc. attended by the office members
- Maintain trusting relationships with suppliers, customers, and colleagues
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Demonstrable communication skills,
- Ability to take initiative
- Experience with Word and Excel Microsoft packages and Google Sheets,
- Ability to work to deadlines, and with self-sufficiency
- Good telephone and email manner
- English fluency
- Experience working in an office (desirable, but not essential)