We are currently seeking an experienced mixed methods market researcher to join our Corporate Marketing and communications team. Reporting to our Market Research Manager and working with a variety of colleagues across the business, you will play a critical role in designing, implementing and visualising complex and impactful research projects in relation to market analysis, strategy development, brand and reputation, marketing, customer experience, and product design.
You will primarily be accountable for research projects supporting the Corporate Marketing and Communications Department, however, when required, you will utilise your expertise to provide support to teams and product owners across the business. You will also enjoy the freedom to pitch and develop your own projects to support the business, whether it be to develop new tools or for strategic insights or quality improvement- the floor is open.
This is very much a hands-on role, delivering in-house research projects end-to-end. You must be confident, creative and comfortable with all aspects of the research cycle from ideation to stakeholder engagement, research design, and data analysis, as well as generating, visualising and communicating actionable insights.
- University degree in psychology, social sciences, marketing or similar.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of designing and implementing a broad range of market research projects (internal, academic and agency experience all considered).
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Expert understanding and experience in survey design best practices.
- Strong analytical skills and experience of a wide range of statistical analysis methods and software.
- Experience with data visualisation software such as Zoho analytics or others.
- Experience with Survey Monkey.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with teams across a global organization.
- Excellent English language skills (written and spoken), other language skills are beneficial.
- Good organizational, analytical and prioritization skills.
- Interest in science and science communications.
- Experience of delivering research projects for marketing and communications teams.
- Good understanding of brand, communication, and marketing principles.
- Knowledge of the scholarly publishing landscape.
- Experience of content analysis software such as Word Stat and QDA miner etc.
- Experience and understanding of Social Listening.
- Experience and understanding of Closed Loop Feedback best practices.
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your complete application. Please submit your cover letter and CV. We look forward to welcoming you to our Manchester office.
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 400 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 66,000 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Switzerland with additional offices in Europe, Asia and North America. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms: